Description: The initiative aims to be as inclusive as possible. Applications are open in English and French to entrepreneurs from all African countries, all sectors, and all ages who operate businesses formally registered and headquartered in an African country, and that has a 3-year track record. Every year, ten finalists will be selected to compete in the ABH finale pitch competition and participate in a TV Show that will be broadcast online and across the continent. The finalists will compete for a share of US $1.5 million in grant money.
- Host: Jack Ma Foundation
- Category: Competitions | Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: US $1.5 Million Cash Prize
- Deadline: June 7, 2021
To apply for our competition, you should meet the following criteria:
- The applicant should be the Founder or a Co-Founder of the company.
- The applicant has African citizenship or is the child or grandchild of an African citizen.
- The Company is registered and headquartered in an African country, and primarily operates in Africa.
- The company is the post-Idea stage. Business is 3 years old or more and has at least 3 years of revenue history.
Benefits and Reward
The following benefits are available to finalist
- Pitch business legends
Opportunity to pitch to business legends and receive advice from them.
- Win YOUR share of $1.5 million USD
All ten finalists win grant funds from $100,000 to $300,000.
- Gain global recognition & exposure
International publicity via the televised Africa’s Business heroes Show, press releases, news articles, TV/radio & print interviews.
- Access mentorship & training
Tailored Feedback, Mentorship & Training via the Africa’s Business Heroes Network of Partners and Judges.
- Get connected with entrepreneurs ecosystem
An online community of ABH Alumni, judges, and key stakeholders that promotes peer learning, engagement, and networking.
Method of Application
Please note that at various stages of the application, we require documents to prove your eligibility.
The following steps are to be taken when applying;
- Register an ABH account
- confirm your eligibility
- Complete the application form
- Get a reference
- Send a video of the introduction of your firm and colleagues
Deadline: June 7, 2021