Description: This is to inform the general public that online application for admission into the 73rd Regular Course of the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna will be available from Sat 23 January 2021 to Saturday 24 April 2021. Admission into NDA is open to both MALE and FEMALE Nigerians.
Prospective Cadets applying for admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy must also apply to the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and must select Nigerian Defence Academy as the First Choice of Institution.
Such applicants are expected to sit for JAMB UNIFIED TERTIARY MATRICULATION EXAMINATIONS (UTME)
- Host: Nigeria Defence Academy
- Category: Secondary School Scholarships | Undergraduate Scholarships
- Eligible Country: Nigeria
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Deadline: April 24, 2021
Candidates admitted into NDA for Regular Course will undergo military and academic training as Officer Cadets for a duration of 5 years for Nigerian Army cadets 4 years for Nigerian Navy and Nigerian Air force cadets.
On successful completion of training, graduands will earn an honours degree in a core discipline (BSc, BEng, BA). They will equally earn a Presidential Commission into the Armed
Forces of Nigeria.
Candidates eligible for 73 Regular Course admission into the Nigerian Defense Academy (NDA) must have the following:
- Must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character.
- Must be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
- Present a Certificate of indigene ship from the state government or local government area.
- Be at least 17 years old and NOT more than 21 years old as of the month of September in the year of entry into the Academy.
- Must have a minimum of 5 ordinary level credits at GCE, SSCE (WAEC, NECO, NBAIS and NABTEB) English language, Mathematics and three other subjects which are relevant to the intended programme at not more than two sittings.
- Must have passed the Unified Tertiary Matriculation examinations (UTME) and attain an acceptable minimum national standard (as determined by JAMB annual policy meeting) in English language, Mathematics and any other 2 subjects relevant to the proposed course of study as set out by the JAMB Brochure.
- Must NOT be less than 1.68 meters tall for male and 1.65 meters for female.
- French and Arabic, the Mandarin language is an added advantage.
- Application forms submitted without ordinary level results will NOT be accepted.
- Candidates awaiting results are not qualified.
- Only ordinary level examination results of NOT more than 5 years old from the date of examination will be accepted.
- Admission into the Academy is for both male and female Nigerians only.
SCREENING TEST DATE AND REQUIREMENTS
The screening test will be conducted as phase one of the Post-UTME screening and is scheduled to hold on Saturday 15 May 2021. Therefore, all eligible candidates are to bring along their Acknowledgement Form, Screening Test Admission Card, JAMB result slip and TWO (2) postcards sized (3.5 x 5 inches) photographs to the Screening Test Centre.
The photographs should show only from the chest upwards and should contain the candidate’s Name, Exam number, State, Exam Centre, Course of study and Signature at the back.
Only successful candidates at the NDA Screening Test will subsequently be invited to the Armed Forces Selection Board (phase 2 of the screening test) following which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
Deadline: April 24, 2021
Application link: https://rcapplications.nda.edu.ng/#home/requirements